Saturday, August 18, 2007

Week 36

Well, yesterday was my last day of work. I'd been looking forward to August 17th for a while but yesterday I was actually a bit sad as I cleaned out my office and ran around like crazy to hand off all of my projects. I'm really going to miss everyone at the office, they've all become family to me (except maybe Mark). I know I'll still see them often but I'll miss the daily office gossip and crazy happening. There's never a dull moment at Envirowest, thats for sure. They took me out to The Reef for dinner last night which was a lot of fun. We got a couple of baby gifts from my colleges which was unexpected. My friend Lesley knitted the baby a cashmere sweater. It's the cutest thing - more stylish than most of the clothes I've been wearing lately. She's going to come over at some point in the next couple of weeks and teach me to knit. A friend gave me a pattern for wool soakers that I'd like to try but could use a little help getting started.

I spent my first day of unemployment cleaning and having a massage. It was a relaxing day after yesterday, one that I needed very much. Drew went hiking with Jeff on the North shore. He was itching to get out of the city and unfortunitely I'm not able to hike with him anymore. He brought us home a whole bunch of huckleberries so I think a peach-huckleberry pie will be in the cards for tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll be 36 weeks pregnant - only four weeks to go. I still need to get so many things ready for our home birth - I'd like to get it all done this week if I can so I don't have to worry about it. As long as I make it to 37 weeks we can have the baby at home. People keep asking me if I'm nervous and I honestly have to say that I'm not. I feel unprepared at the moment but once the house and supplies are ready, so am I. I'm so excited to meet this little creature that beens growing inside me for the past 8 monthes. I think we're both getting more and more excited as the due date approaches. Drew's planning to take at least two weeks off work after the baby is born which will be great.

Anyways, I'll probably be posting more often now that I have more time. The count down beings................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

h